Date: September 8
Time: 11:00-12:00 CENTRAL
The Mockingbird I AM READY curriculum is a mental wellness curriculum. This innovative curriculum engages a cognitive behavioral therapy approach to help learners identify, understand, and change destructive thinking and behavioral patterns. The curriculum infuses mental wellness content with instructional strategies for effectively engaging vulnerable learners.
- IAR curriculum teaches learners self-awareness and helps learners identify destructive cognitive, emotional, and behavioral patterns.
- IAR teaches learners how to use cognitive tools to manage stress and to manage one's response to internal and external events.
- IAR teaches learners tools for managing one's mental, emotional, and physical response and how to use these tools to create positive and healthy life habits.
- Meet the curriculum
- Review the scope and sequence
- Learn how the curriculum integrates mental wellness, life skills, and cognitive behavioral therapy strategies into a singular approach.
Tamara Thompson, M.S., is CEO and founder of Mockingbird Education. She is an award-winning educator and has received state and national recognition for both instruction and curriculum.
Tamara is a former 2003 Teacher of the Year for the Austin area, a recipient of the Michael Jordan Foundation’s Innovation Grant Award, a recipient of Southern Poverty Law’s Teaching For Tolerance Grant Award, a former YBUSA Teacher Fellows and in 2010 was awarded a Research Doctoral Fellows at University of North Texas in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction.